Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

General Adding flashlight widget to screen

Got my 7 Edge and trying to figure out how to add the flashlight widget to my home screen. I know where to find the widgets but for some reason the flashlight isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Related:

#1 UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016
Yea i noticed that, the widget has been removed from marshmallow for an s7 it seems.

You can of course open it from the notification panel, as i'm sure you are aware.

#2 bIOforger, Mar 12, 2016 Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
Yeah, but it's a pain digging for it. Guess the only other option is to find a decent flashlight app.

#3 UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016
It's in the settings when you pull down from the top. You can move those, so the flashlight appears on the top 5, so you don't have to pull the settings all the way down.

#4 Rich_NY, Mar 12, 2016
Yep we know that, but it's more convenient to just tap a widget on a home screen, which you can only do now it seems with a 3rd party app.

#5 bIOforger, Mar 12, 2016
^^This. Pretty stupid there's no flashlight widget on Samsung's flagship phone. Anyone using a 3rd party app they can recommend? Looking through Google Play Store and many want to track/access multiple areas of the phone just to install.

My previous phone was the Motorola Pure Edition and I used their MotoLight app which is available in the store. I may try that and I was pleased with the easy UI.

#6 UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016
No ads or permissions in this one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bleeding182.flashlight

#7 bIOforger, Mar 12, 2016
Yup, the flashlight widget mentioned is very good and NO ads either.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bleeding182.flashlight

#8 BillArf, Mar 12, 2016
Er yea i said there were no ads in my post.

#9 bIOforger, Mar 12, 2016
Strange, I installed the app but it doesn't show up anywhere on the phone. Thankfully I kept the Store page open so I could uninstall.

#10 UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016
It's just a widget, not an app, so look in your widgets. It works fine.

#11 bIOforger, Mar 12, 2016
X2

#12 BillArf, Mar 12, 2016
Ah, got it. :)

Thanks everyone for the help. One less hassle to deal with.

#13 UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016
I was gonna recommend Tesla LED Flashlight,but,it's force closing,perhaps it needs a bug fix/update for Samsung devices running Android 6.x...............

#14 KOLIO, Mar 12, 2016
Yeah it's stupid they removed the widget from 6.X. One of the things I liked about 5.X.

I just placed it in my shortcut bar as one of my first five.

#15 Bodycount, Mar 12, 2016
On the edge, it's available in the task edge with the compass and ruler function. Side swipe the tab, hit the cog, and enable the panel from there. It's an extra step than hitting the old widget, but it's there.

#16 Jinxii, Mar 13, 2016
See if the Flashlight is in with your programs. If it is hold down on it and drag it to your home screen. This method works on my HTC One M8 running Android 6.0. It should work for you as well.

#17 dontpanicbobby, Mar 14, 2016
S7 Edge runs 6.0.1 outa the box, the flashlight isn't listed in the app drawer.

#18 bIOforger, Mar 14, 2016
I'll add my best suggestion I just figured out. While in the widget pull down at the top of the screen (I have S7), to the right of the cog you have a vertical 3 dot menu bar. Tap it and all of your widgets show up. You can drag all to any spot you want. And you can choose how many show in your grid. See my attached screenshot to see the menu bar. :D

#19 emster2112, Mar 29, 2017
I'm sorry if I didn't get all the terminology correct,but you should be able to figure it out.

#20 emster2112, Mar 29, 2017
He did.

#21 dontpanicbobby, Mar 29, 2017