Snapcam Camera Forum

Camera quality seems to be worse

Yesterday I was using my camera on my tablet, and it was taking very good pictures which were around 1.30 MB or in that range, but today they seem kinda bad quality and are like at least 300 KB or up to like 700 KB, I'm really hoping this is because it's just extremely cloudy today, and yesterday it was sunny. I hope someone else might know what's wrong...

Related:

#1 Sluggers, Apr 15, 2018 at 2:06 PM
Lighting conditions definitely effects the photo quality, especially when using a tablet w/o a flash.

#2 PitCarver, Apr 15, 2018 at 3:27 PM
Unless the compression level has been changed (either in the camera app's settings or because you are using a different app) the file size will depend only on the amount of detail in the image: images with little detail and more areas of uniform colour compress smaller. But even a factor of 2 in size is unusual in my experience (though I always choose "high quality", i.e. low compression, settings when the device gives me a choice, so maybe with more aggressive compression the effect is larger). A factor of 4 though is enough that I'd check you've not changed quality settings - an app is more likely to label it "quality" than "compression", even though that's what it means.

#3 Hadron, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:01 PM
I haven't changed anything, so I bet it's the lighting.

#4 Sluggers, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:30 PM