Samsung Droid Charge Forum

Support Can't Download Pics from Text Messages

I received a txt from a friend containing a picture and I click Download it says 'Downloading...' but it never goes beyond that. Also where are my pictures located as I can't seem to locate the file/folder.

Related:

#1 wdeister08, Aug 28, 2011
Pictures should be in your Gallery

#2 treb1797, Aug 28, 2011
Any help on my main problem? It doesn't even give me a Download Unsuccessful-type error. Just eternally is trying to download this little 30kb picture hahaha

#3 wdeister08, Aug 28, 2011
I have that same problem w/ friends who have iPhones. I never get their downloads/pictures not sure why??? Nor do they get the downloads/pictures i send them.

#4 treb1797, Aug 28, 2011
Friend of mine had that problem with her Charge too. Her fix was to give the phone a reboot, then it started working.

#5 Shane2943, Aug 28, 2011
Seems to have done the trick for me after i turned data on/off

#6 wdeister08, Aug 28, 2011
That Sh*t doesnt work. I literally just tried it. I'm on my second Android phone and it seems to be an Android issue and I've scrolled through many forums and nobody has the answer. BLOWSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#7 VeinyDickTracy, Apr 5, 2012
I selected the pic from the text message, hit the menu key (furthest left key) and selected 'save attachment.' The pic saved in the download folder on the SD card. /mnt/sdcard/download is the path.

Worked from people with Iphones and other android phones.

If your having trouble downloading the pic, that may be a network problem.

#8 Hawk03, Apr 6, 2012
:thinking: I'm sure it should. It isn't.

#9 thnidu, Aug 10, 2014