Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

Chevy wireless charging

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado. It has wireless charging built into the console. Is there a setting in my Note 8 that needs to be on to charge my phone?

Related:

#1 cowfeedman, Sep 12, 2017
are you having issues with the car charging the phone?? did you place the phone on the charging mat to see if it works?

are you using a case?

there is no setting to toggle on the phone. there MAY be a setting in your car.
have you had other wireless charging devices that took advantage of the charger or is this the first device ?

#2 marctronixx, Sep 12, 2017

There is a setting under Battery, Menu (upper right corner), Advanced settings for toggling Fast Wireless Charging on or off. Check that out. Hope that helps,

#3 bukifvr, Sep 13, 2017 Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
That's for "fast" charging. The phone will wireless charge regards of this setting. Its automatic.

Would be surprised if the in car charging pad provides fast charging, but even if it did or did not , the phone should just work on the mat.

Stil need more intel from OP though.. :D

#4 marctronixx, Sep 13, 2017
FWIW, this is the GM compatible wireless charging devices list:
https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...ts/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf
Galaxy S8 is listed, so I would assume Note8 is compatible as well.

As I understand and what I've seen from GM cars, they're Qi compatible, so yes it should work. And if it doesn't, you might need to take it up with your Chevy dealer

#5 mikedt, Sep 13, 2017 Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

Oh, okay, I didn't realize regular wireless charging worked even if that setting is off. Good to know.

#6 bukifvr, Sep 13, 2017
Yes sir fast charging uses more current and therefore more heat generated. There could be times where the phone may be in harsher environments that may not be suited fro wireless charging, or any number of reasons to why one doesn't want to use fast charging.

#7 marctronixx, Sep 13, 2017