Home Forum

Dog Days/Afternoons...

Well, we have the Caturday thread, so it seems we should really have one that's going to the dogs, so to speak. ;)

Here's a funny one to start, then I'll follow up with "personal" pics. :D

[​IMG]

Related:

#1 rootabaga, Jul 28, 2016
Here are my SO's dogs...Molly first, then Liam. I wasn't very familiar with Irish Setters before meeting the SO, but they are really terrific dogs. They have sweet dispositions and love people and other Setters, but they do seem to have a tendency to be racist towards other breeds, it's really kind of funny. Molly is a variant of the breed known as a "field setter," and as a result she is more hyper and always on guard. On walks she's looking everywhere at once, it seems, and if she sees a critter (cats and squirrels really set her off) you'd best be sure you have a firm grasp on the leash! She's also the only dog I've ever known that scans the sky regularly, and birds of prey will set her off as well. She's fine with regular birds, but hawks and turkey buzzards, she starts running and barking. Personally I believe she seems them as competition for the critters she wants! :D

Molly.jpg

Liam.jpg

#2 rootabaga, Jul 28, 2016
Here's three of the four freeloaders in my back yard. This picture was taken before the worst yapper was foisted off on me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one in the foreground is Rose. I've got an earlier picture her in my computer where you can see her face, back when she was hyperactivity personified...

#3 Dngrsone, Jul 28, 2016
Well it's hot here, though I am rather small framed not really husky at all, I am still standing in a poodle of sweat. Just got married. My wife is golden, retrieve her I must, she is learning sheep herding from Claus, a German Shepherd. He is also a boxer, he is quite pit bull in the ring. He is actually named after his uncle, Claus Von Bulow, the great Dane that he is.

#4 no one, Jul 28, 2016
^^^ Did you mean to post that in the Punny thread? LOL, just doggin' you a little, not trying to lift my leg on you. ;)

#5 rootabaga, Jul 28, 2016 Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
This is a friend's dog, love the look on his face. :D

13882496_10206915776993828_7874988081364473115_n.jpg

#6 rootabaga, Aug 2, 2016
Happy road trip puppy
IMG_20160731_115749.jpg

#7 shalemail, Aug 2, 2016
Here's my nut-job Tickle. She almost broke my toes with her new found 'stick'. She's a good girl [emoji6]

[​IMG]

#8 Clementine_3, Aug 2, 2016
This is my first canine, long since departed.
[​IMG]

And here is my current pack ...

IMG_20150914_182250.jpg

#9 lunatic59, Aug 2, 2016
My dumb beagle.
[​IMG]

#10 Unforgiven, Aug 2, 2016
She looks like she is ready to steal second! :D

#11 rootabaga, Aug 2, 2016
Those are great. In homage to your first pic, here's Nymeria, who belongs to some friends of mine from theatre.
Nymeria.jpg

#12 rootabaga, Aug 2, 2016
Beeee-yoootiful. She looks about 8 months old ... got those disproportionate puppy ears. ;) :)

#13 lunatic59, Aug 2, 2016
^^^ You may have to log in to FB to see this, but it's worth it.

Not my friend's, but I wouldn't put it past her. :)

#14 rootabaga, Aug 2, 2016
Well, they are built for the big cold north so makes perfect sense!

#15 Clementine_3, Aug 2, 2016
Not completely true for all dogs I've known... ;)

13406850_1315960068420398_3351324412832312291_n.jpg

#16 rootabaga, Aug 2, 2016
The current administrators of my estate.

[​IMG]

#17 olbriar, Aug 2, 2016
For the purpose of fair representation, Maggie, (the dog) and her beau Jinx.
IMG_20160822_062522.jpg

#18 shalemail, Aug 22, 2016
And these gorgeous stinky things are my babies! :D

Their favourite food is laughter! xD

They are both rescue pigs / dogs :)

The lovely black one (Frisco Pit Bull :D) Her name is Nigella like the famous Italian chief :)

And the tan brown American Stafford shire Bull terrior her name is Hope! ;)

Hope is a very very special dog with a great story!

Hope is very very very special... she was found on the door steps of the animal cruelty shelter in a dog food bag with a huge cut across her abdomen bleeding everywhere because they used her for pit fighting... the vets did not know if she was going to survive and was in critical condition with what looked like extreme pain and torment and suffering... and wondered if they should put her down... her body to this day is covered in scars from all the pit fighting they used her for... but she is so sweet and caring they must have tried to kill her and label her as "useless" because she wouldn't fight in the pits...

BUT SHE SURVIVED!!!! :D

Hope is also blind in one eye... the perfect name for a brilliant doggy!

:D

And Nigella and her get on awesomely! :D

#19 Stinky Stinky, Aug 22, 2016
I just don't understand how people can do that to dogs, or anything. Go Hope, go! What a great dog she is.

#20 Clementine_3, Aug 22, 2016
You are a good man Stink, love the puppies, love the rescue dogs (Maggie is too). I am not sure if cruelty to animals or people is worse, probably depends on when you ask me. Some people might deserve a little cruelty, no animal does.

#21 shalemail, Aug 22, 2016
Yeah I will never know either! :(

SA is filled with it... especially in the black and colored townships it is all over the place sadly very common :'(

When they found her there was a huge tear in her abdomen with half her guts hanging out... but they patched her up! :D

WE CAN REBUILD HER!!! :D

We gotta get her a bionic eye! xD

lol just kidding :D

"awwwww!!!" :D:D:D

#22 Stinky Stinky, Aug 22, 2016
Aww thanks buddy!!! :D

I love Hopey :D

Love my doggies!!! :D

This is Jessie also a rescue bubba :D

But Schnoogy / Jessie / Stinky (yes Jessie is where my name came from originally from the forums :D) passed away a couple years ago in 2014.... the hardest part is to say good bye :'(

#23 Stinky Stinky, Aug 22, 2016
Fixed it for ya, Mr. Danger. Watch where you walk!! :D :D

#24 rootabaga, Aug 22, 2016
LOL!

#25 Dngrsone, Aug 23, 2016