Home Forum

Is it crazy...

It depends how insecure you are in your own personality ... And how much you need external validation, to ensure that you meet your own calculation of a minimum of 7 likes every 24 hours....

#2 psionandy, Oct 30, 2017
Hmm... I feel validated but i want a screenshot with 300 likes.
Could I be over-compensating? I'll have to think about this...

#3 dontpanicbobby, Oct 30, 2017
Dood, you know how to use photo-editing software, just self-validate! :D

#4 rootabaga, Oct 30, 2017
I heard that getting likes on social media produces some sort of a chemical in your brain that makes you satisfied but its also addictve that it makes you repeat the same action just to get those likes again.

For me, I don't really care. The only social media I used outside of tech and game development forums is Facebook and that's only so people who I don't give my number can contact me. As for Android Forums, I just take likes as a sign that I did help or at least contribute to solving people's problem.

#5 Jhayzone, Oct 30, 2017
Actually, I just realized that for some reason I don't have "likes," but rather small, portrait-oriented rectangles:

likesrboxes.JPG

My ego is just crushed, you know? I mean I can't even get a like, man...

#6 rootabaga, Oct 30, 2017
Whoa, one more "like" and you've hit the big time:)
Capture.PNG

Edit: There, I just put you into the big time:
Capture2.PNG

#7 Mikestony, Oct 30, 2017
Congratulations Mr. baga :thumbsupdroid:

#8 Unforgiven, Oct 30, 2017
It's crazy that the app doesn't have the option to see who liked your posts.

In other words, not only is it crazy to not looks at likes but i look at who liked

#9 A bochur, Oct 30, 2017 Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
So you are staying away from looking at them until they reach that total?

(Because just clicking on your avatar gives you one with a lot more than 300 ;)).

#10 Hadron, Oct 30, 2017
Did he mean 300 on a single post?
Wonder what the record is.

#11 LV426, Oct 31, 2017
Lol I must admit I do it all the time lol I have no life xD

In fact if I should be more of a man and not care that way I will find great happiness and peace with ones self contempt instead of trying to bend space time with my eye balls and always trying to be better than everyone

Happiness for me I guess now these days is trying to just smile and enjoy the moment no matter how great or small :)

I am also trying to steer away from reading the news and thinking about about mu everything sucks and trying to smile and enjoy life more :)

#12 Stinky Stinky, Oct 31, 2017
I meant 300 before I tap on the bell.

#13 dontpanicbobby, Oct 31, 2017
AFAIK this is the record holder currently at 1,052.
https://androidforums.com/threads/site-rules-guidelines.704/

#14 Unforgiven, Oct 31, 2017
A bunch of suck ups if you ask me. :)

#15 olbriar, Oct 31, 2017
It does. At the bottom of the post you should see a heart with a number. Those are 'likes'. Long press on it and it will show you the list. :)

#16 lunatic59, Oct 31, 2017
Wow thanks allot!

Any other hidden features?

Edit: like is the a way to see someone's profile within the app?

#17 A bochur, Oct 31, 2017 Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
According to ancient myth there's a t-shirt button located somewhere on the site. Nobody's found it yet :D

#18 LV426, Oct 31, 2017
I don't ever get a ton of likes. The few times I have, I've felt weird. I don't expect what I'm saying to be popular, I'm saying it to be honest or have fun.

#19 septembersrain, Oct 31, 2017
I hit like just to weird her out. :p Everyone else should too. :D

#20 Unforgiven, Oct 31, 2017
I "like" that.

#21 dontpanicbobby, Oct 31, 2017
Hmm, I think @dontpanicbobby had some ulterior motives starting this thread :eek:

I'm not handing out "likes" just willy-nilly ya know. Soon we'll have a like epidemic going on here and then the government will have to step in yadda yadda yadda.

#22 Mikestony, Oct 31, 2017
I just talk an avalanche of shit :D

That's pretty much all I ever do haha! - oh and complain I LOVE doing that! XD

I also love talking about the occasional scientific disaster due to some mother ****er that wants to get everyone killed because he didn't care about anything or anyone else but hi good for nothing evil self.

(sorry when I type from my phone it comes out a bit "south africanish" or "shitty")

I also love spraying my hatred for humanity all over the place giving people the absolute creeps!

Ahh yes!

That is one of my favourite hobbies! :)

Please be a good sport and support my hatred for humanity!! :D

In fact I want to start making enriched uranium ... I preferably want the U-238 please!!! :D:D:D ;D

#23 Stinky Stinky, Nov 1, 2017
I made it to 532 before I looked at the bell. Only have a screenshot for 500 though..
[​IMG]
upload photo

#24 dontpanicbobby, Dec 7, 2017 at 4:54 AM
Somebody mark this as answered please.

Yes. It was crazy. I'm not doing that again.

#25 dontpanicbobby, Dec 7, 2017 at 5:25 AM