Home Forum

Is there an app that auto corrects date stamps for photos?

I'm really sick of Android's new media protocol. It's really getting on my nerves. When I copy or move something to my device's memory it changes all the dates (created, modified etc.) to the time I copied or moved the file. This never happened on my older phone which had KitKat. My new phone has Nougat. And I guess they changed the whole system. Even when I move something from folder to folder (from the folder in the device memory, to another folder which is also in the device memory) it changes the dates. I tried RAR and ZIP, when I extract it it changes the dates anyway. I think this has something to do with MTP.

Anyway... As you know, Camera photos, screenshots, WhatsApp photos, they all name their photo files to the date. For instance, if I take a photo right now, the file will be named something like IMG_20171309_2326.jpg (Date : 2017 - 13 - 09 ... Time : 23:26). So, in a way, I know which file has been created when by just looking at the name. But that doesn't solve my problem. For instance, I had to move my WhatsApp photos to my device memory and all of those photos had the date stamps changed to the date I moved them. So in the gallery app, there are about thousand photos under that same exact day. This is frustrating.

So the app I'm looking for... I don't know if it exists but, maybe it's possible? Is there an app that could determine the date of a photo by just reading from the file name? Like that example I gave just know. An app that could maybe correct all the changed dates? I know I can do them manually with some apps but... I mean come on, there are thousands of photos there. I can't do them one by one. And the worst part is when I have to do a factory reset I'll have to move those photos again and then they will change the date stamps again. I think if there was an app like this, it will be a HUGE problem solver. If you know an app like that, please let me know. Or if you are an app devoloper that can make this app come true, please consider making something like this and letting me know. Thank you so much.

Related:

#1 frusciante54, Sep 13, 2017