Home Forum

Support Is this a Genuine OEM battery for Samsung s4?

I bought the following battery from Ebay--- Is it genuine? Thanks

Related:

#1 shodoc, Jun 13, 2015 Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
Very difficult or impossible to tell looking at the picture. Does it work at you would expect it to, hold a charge, keep the phone going for the time you expect, does the NFC work, etc. If so, should be OK then. Fakes are not very likely to have functioning NFC antennas, because that's included in the battery.

#2 mikedt, Jun 13, 2015
I'm not sure here (left my galaxy at the estranged wife's) but don't the genuine ones have a hologram on one side? (dont hold me to that, it could easily have been a dream. I have strange dreams)

#3 funkylogik, Jun 14, 2015
The battery looks different than the original battery in my phone. The original battery says b600bu wheras the Ebay battery says B600BZ. Also the Ebay battery says ' manufactured by Elentec' -- my original battery does not say this. There are other differences as well.

#4 shodoc, Jun 14, 2015
Try googling "battery B600BZ Elentec" and see what it throws up.
Does it last as long as the genuine otherwise?

#5 funkylogik, Jun 14, 2015
Nothing unusual there, especially given that S4 has been out for some time now, likely to be differences between a battery made 2 or 3 years ago and one made more recently. Elentec are a Korean OEM. Does the phone's NFC still work with the replacement battery? Because if the battery was a cheapo illegal counterfeit, it's highly unlikely they'd go to the trouble of including a working NFC antenna in it. It does state "Near Field Communication" on it.

#6 mikedt, Jun 14, 2015 Last edited: Jun 14, 2015

I don't know about NFC-- how can I check to see if it works? Is there an app to check the NFC? Is Elentec battery Samsung OEM?

UPDATE: I used an app called 'NFC check' and it says ' NFC is built into your device but not activated' .

#7 shodoc, Jun 14, 2015 Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
The sure way to test NFC is to try it, like reading a NFC tag or contactless payment card or something. NFC check may report the presence of NFC in the phone, but doesn't state if it's actually working or not, i.e. is the antenna connected? Is NFC turned on in settings? I believe Electec are a Samsung OEM yes, on their website it states "Samsung Supplier Portal" :thumbsupdroid:

#8 mikedt, Jun 14, 2015

thanks for the reply. When I searched Elentec s4 battery there were articles on these batteries swelling -- this was from 2 years back. I hope these batteries will be fine.

#9 shodoc, Jun 14, 2015
I read a lot of things on the interwebs, exploding iPhones, moon landing conspiracy, Scientology, etc. I'm sure it will be fine. :thumbsupdroid:

#10 mikedt, Jun 14, 2015
I appreciate your help, I also posted a question inquiring about Elentec batteries under s4 forum. Thanks

#11 shodoc, Jun 14, 2015