Home Forum

Kakaotalk Animated Emoticons

Hi everyone :).

I am a kakaotalk user and was wondering how my Korean friends are using different emoticons( animated emoticons), whereas I get only 1 page of emoticons(static). Am I using a different version than my friends's?
I'm attaching 2 images. If anyone have any clue, please let me know.

1st screenshot is from my phone showing the animated emots:
2nd is from google( which shows the drag-able pages). In my Kakaotalk have only dot.
Thanks in advance :)

Related:

#1 c_pyrotech, Dec 20, 2011
its a service called "GIFTICONS(?)". you can purchase these emoticons for yourself or send to your friends as gift... they seem to have this option in setting-> item box... but i dont see it in mine. :thinking:

#2 shyrock7, Dec 20, 2011
Ah! That kind of explains it :\. Thanks for the quick reply :).
I guess the international users aren't lucky enough to get this option? :thinking::mad:
I really wish, kakao Inc. makes this available across the globe- not just for Koreans.... Please!! :D

#3 c_pyrotech, Dec 21, 2011
Sorry for the double post.
Just thought, I should let you guys know that I got an official reply from the Kakao Inc.,

This explains my issue more preciously. My android version is 2.3.3 (Galaxy S2). So this could be the reason- I'm not able to use the sent (gift)emoticons.

Time for update!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Mods can lock this topic :).

#4 c_pyrotech, Dec 21, 2011
I have a galaxy s (first generation) and I am in Australia. I have recently received emoticons (kakaotalk have been gifting them via their facebook page) that I have been able to successfully download and use so each of you should be able to successfully receive emoticons and use them. good luck

#5 sirine, Jan 31, 2012
I was wondering if you send free emoticon as a gift does it cost you money?

#6 AznBubbleGum, Jul 17, 2012