Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

Support no LED message waiting indicator?

I don't believe there is one.. i think it is like the Droid Maxx and moto X where the display 'breathes' showing you what type pf message is waiting for you

#2 -=Jeff=-, Nov 3, 2014
And that is because it doesn't exist. The Droid Turbo uses "Active Display" which appears as a flashing notification on the screen. They have done away with the notification light for the Droid Turbo.

#3 PerCompLLC, Nov 3, 2014
I do not seem to get any visual alerts on my screen at all??? WTF???

#4 ShanDroyd, Nov 3, 2014
You might need to set them in Settings>Active display

#5 -=Jeff=-, Nov 3, 2014
No luck.
Checked under display, security, and screen lock settings , and no go...?

#6 ShanDroyd, Nov 4, 2014
Okay, I have my Turbo now.. the correct menu is:

Settings>moto>Display>

Be sure Moto Display is checked

then select: Select Apps

#7 -=Jeff=-, Nov 4, 2014
Still no luck.
when I first got the phone I disabled every app that I could specially anything Motorola or Verizon.
Iria nabled the Motorola stuff and rebooted but still no luck.

#8 ShanDroyd, Nov 7, 2014
Don't worry, there is a notification light. I believe the only reason it's there is for when your battery is completely drained and it doesn't even have enough power to show the screen when you first plug it in after drained. It shows a green light for around 10 minutes or so when shows the screen.
Test it by draining your battery after normal usage, and put your phone in recovery 'till the screen turns off.

#9 Latrell567, Apr 25, 2015
thats the problem

#10 coulterjosh, Apr 27, 2015
Well I noticed in the dark when active display is off. There are three red lights that look like leds. Two on bottom on the outer edges of the Mic, and speaker holes, and the top one is between the camera and the ear speaker. I am speaking about the turbo 2....So I might be in the wrong place.

#11 wolf alchemy, Mar 14, 2016
You are in the wreongf forum. They are in both the Turbo and Turbo 2. They are not LEDs. They are IR sensors. See ...
http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/mobi...-of-the-new-motorola-droid-turbo.htm/pgno/0/9

... Thom

#12 Thom, Mar 14, 2016