Home Forum

Support Note 4 black screen problem

I have been having a problem with my note 4. When ever the phone is powered down and powered back up it reboots normally. I see my lock screen and everything is fine. The problem is when the phone locks either by the power button or just by screen time out. It stays a black screen even though i can swipe my my finger and hear it being unlocked. They only way to fix it is to take the battery out and reboot it then everything is good until i lock it again. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Related:

#1 Dragon420, Feb 15, 2017
Sorry me again just wanted to ask another question. I rooted my note 4 after this problem started happening. I used cf-auto root so from what information i have seen im still running stock recovery justed rooted. I was wondering can i flash a Samsung software upgrade without any problems. My problem with the black screen started after an software update so i wondering if i could flash and reinstall the update to see if that fixes my problem. Once again thanks in advance for your help im just trying to save my phone and hoping its not a hardware issue.

#2 Dragon420, Feb 18, 2017