Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

General Notification keep's popping up (it want's me to reset to factory settings), need help please!

Hi.

I recently switched my service provider from "Telia" to "Telenor" (Denmark).
After I started using my new SIM card from Telenor, a notification that wants me to reset my phone to factory settings, to be able to use my new service providers apps and settings, keeps popping up!

I have ofc contacted my new provider and they have no idea why I keep getting that. They cant do anything about it apparently.

So, now I'm reaching out for help from you guys. I really hope that some of you know something about this and why its popping up constantly.

I have pictures of the notification + software information on the pictures I have attached.

Best Regards
Lasse

Related:

#1 Laddesh, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:54 AM
I have never seen that before either. Do you have any apps from Telia? They may have something installed that checks for thier sim card if you're using their APN settings. You might also want to check with Samsung.

#2 lunatic59, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:23 AM
I actually do have a this app called "My Telia".
Will uninstall that in a minute and then restart my phone. (The notification usually appear as one of the first on the screen, when phone is restarted)

#3 Laddesh, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:51 PM
Sounds like it might be the culprit. Let us know how you make out.

#4 lunatic59, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM
Hmm, I just checked now and I did not have this app from Telia anymore, I must have deleted it when I cleaned up last time in my apps and storage. That was about a week ago or so..
Then it must be something else :/

#5 Laddesh, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM