Home Forum

Support Phone won't send picture messages...

My phone doesn't seem to want to send picture messages to people. I try to send them but the red timer looking thing on the side of the message never goes away and they never get the picture.

Also when someone sends me something and I press "Download" it says "Downloading" and doesn't do anything at all.

I don't know why. I use Metro PCS and I'm on the $50 plan.

Related:

#1 Xaviera2010, Mar 16, 2011
Any mods to your phone.

#2 Tokenpoke, Mar 16, 2011
If you modded your phone, You've got to check your APN settings.

#3 septembersrain, Mar 16, 2011
No Mods that I am aware of. I mean, I have Go Launcher, that's about it. It's not rooted either.

Also why when I use Facebook on my phone and comment and stuff, it doesn't show the little phone icon next to my posts and say I'm mobile when it does that to my other friends mobile posts?

#4 Xaviera2010, Mar 16, 2011
you may be pushing through to the web site not the mobile site.

#5 Tokenpoke, Mar 16, 2011
You should probably contact metro about the mms problem. They might be able to do some voodoo.

#6 Gmash, Mar 17, 2011
Metro is already rinky dinky with it's service. I've had issues with MMS/Data randomly.

#7 septembersrain, Mar 17, 2011
mine was doing this a couple weeks ago. i called and they just sent a refresh signal, had me restart the phone and it has been five ever since.:p

#8 amandajl84, Mar 17, 2011
Guess I will need to call Metro x_x

I can't receive picture messages either.

#9 Xaviera2010, Mar 18, 2011
Let us know if you get it fixed.

#10 Gmash, Mar 18, 2011
I just solved the same issue by deleting all previous messages, must be some unknown limit. :)

#11 aldotkd, Apr 8, 2011
I have the same problem through cricket. They have rebooted my phone 2 or 3 times with no change. also, i have bought a bigger sd card as well as tried many different things. and it still does not work.

#12 kaspur, Apr 15, 2011
I've had random MMS issues when using market SMS apps, but haven't had an issue using the stock SMS. Are you trying to send/receive large files? The carriers have a size limit, and I'm sure they wouldn't give you an error message saying "File too large".

#13 BlastGT1, Apr 15, 2011
no you're it!!!

#14 PlayfulGod, Apr 15, 2011
How do you adjust apn settings then. Where is that in' the phone?

#15 Swiss0213, Aug 4, 2011

Open voice dialer, and say "open apn's"

#16 Can0dope, Aug 4, 2011
Just delete the old messages first and then resend your pics they go right through......

#17 Shanerz, Nov 5, 2012
FIXED! I switched my SIM back to my MetroPCS phone, tested the MMS (successfully), and copied the APNs to my S4. Here are my settings:

APN - fast.metropcs.com
MMSC - http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MCC - 310
MNC - 260
APN type - default,mms,supl

Worked like a charm! I'm in Austin, TX, if that makes a difference.

#18 Zak Ster, Jun 6, 2015
I'm in Cali could not get MMS to work could not understand woman at metro used this here fixed everything thank you great post

#19 xXRIFFRAFFXx, Apr 27, 2016