Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

Support Samsung galaxy s4 not starting up and keeps flashing it's logo

Just yesterday my samsung galaxy s4 stopped starting up. I removed the battery and after inserting it back later, only the samsung logo kept flashing. Is there any way I could restart my phone? If not, I would like to recover some data from it's internal memory. Is there any way I could go about with that?

Related:

#1 nikheradia, Jun 24, 2014
Hello and welcome to Android Forums nikheradia! :)

You appear to be stuck in a boot loop. This can occur for a number of reasons and is commonly but not exclusively, associated with updating firmware or apps.

I would suggest wiping your cache partition as per #1.3 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide to see if that solves your problem.

#2 ironass, Jun 24, 2014 Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
You can save anything from your SD and sim card. But anything directly on the phones memory I don't think so.

You can try plugging it into the USB and hooking it up to a computer. But since the phone doesn't get into proper run mode I don't think it will work.

#3 sreum, Jun 24, 2014
Another possibility, one that's more common than people realize, is a faulty power switch. Dirt, moisture and abuse can lead to the power switch not functioning properly anymore. A simple test using a multimeter can determine if it is, in fact, a faulty switch.

Replacement is fairly straight-forward but does require soldering skills as well as the correct equipment to perform the repair. I'd recommend a qualified technician if it does turn out to be the switch.

A faulty switch may also be covered under warranty but I doubt you'd get your data if it was sent in for repairs.

#4 leeor_net, Jun 24, 2014
Follow-up on previous post:
I was victim of a bad power switch on an old samsung device. Pull the battery, put it back in and shake the phone a little..... If the device at this point tries to start up (without you pressing the power button) that's a dead giveaway of button malfunction.

#5 electricpete, Jul 1, 2014
Just yesterday my samsung galaxy s4 stopped starting up. I removed the battery and after inserting it back later, only the samsung logo kept flashing. Is there any way I could restart my phone? If not, I would like to recover some data from it's internal memory. Is there any way I could go about with that?[/QUOTE]

i faced the same problem just yesterday but thanks to Google i detected the problem and update my software. press your power key ur device key and volume up key at the same time , ur phone vl vibrate first and then it will start. phewww happy to get my phone back...

#6 yana khan, Dec 13, 2014
i faced the same problem just yesterday but thanks to Google i detected the problem and update my software. press your power key ur device key and volume up key at the same time , ur phone vl vibrate first and then it will start. phewww happy to get my phone back...[/QUOTE]

#7 Imran hashmi, Apr 17, 2015
[/QUOTE]
I tried the followin solution but it does not work

#8 Imran hashmi, Apr 17, 2015

100% agreat.my problem solve to follow this instruction.

#9 Qazi Muhammad Akram, May 21, 2015
Hello, My S4 is not starting. When I insert the battery it automatically starts the phone then it shows me SAMSUNG logo and then black screen. I tried Vol up for Recovery it shows me small BLUE msg on top left then again same thing device is back to BLACK screen. I also tried VOL down button and it takes me to WARNING screen and then right away same thing shuts off to BLACK screen. Basically, I am stuck where I can't use my phone, it will not go to Recovery, SAFE or DOWNLOAD. What is wrong with my phone? Can someone help plz?

#10 FK123, May 22, 2015
This is exactly what's happening with mine at the moment.
There was a software update late last week and it's been grand since, until today that is.

The problem is I can't do most of the suggested fixes here as I can't get into recovery mode to wipe the cache partition etc.

FK123, Did you manage to get a fix?
Or any other suggestions?

#11 niallheav, Aug 26, 2015
Ok,

My last message can be ignored.
Looks like it was a very simple fix which I found on another thread here:

Just tapped my power button a few times and it's working now!

#12 niallheav, Aug 26, 2015
Hi. I have the same issue. My phone just flashing in its logo. When I pluged out and pluge in the battery it starts by its self. I tried to reset the phone by pressed the all 3 buttons but it hasn't worked. And tried to tab the power button but not working too. What to do? Is it ok if I try to ake my phone to the tecnician? Is it can start again?

#13 Loudya, Sep 1, 2015
How to solve it? I hae tried but didn't work for me

#14 Loudya, Sep 1, 2015
If it starts up as soon as you insert the battery, your power button is stuck. Tap the device on a hard surface to see if you can "unstick" it. Failing that, its a simple repair for a technician.

#15 Pugs1957, Sep 2, 2015
Thanks, that did the trick for me, tapped the device gently on my table and bingo it started working again.

#16 Venky77, Oct 21, 2015
I had the same problem, factory reset or soft reset doesn't help. It turns out that the power button is faulty, it's shorted from time to time causing it to turn on by itself or keep rebooting itself indefinitely.

Here's a link I found to troubleshoot if the power button is faulty. It's pretty detailed and definitely not for the amateur. If you are ready for the challenge go for it.

#18 CKKho, Oct 26, 2015