Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

Support "Tick/Click" Sound

Has anyone noticed a "tick or click" sound when unlocking the SGN8 using your finger print? I just noticed it a few days ago and it is very annoying. I'm not sure if it was previously there and I'm just now noticing it, but I'm working hard to ignore it...unless I'm the only one who has it. I've been looking but can't find where to turn it off it it is selective.

Related:

#1 Duckster, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:47 PM
enable do not disturb and see if you still hear it.

i dont hear any noises but i keep the phone on DND 99% of the time.

#2 marctronixx, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:55 PM
The s5 has a setting for that in settings/Sounds and notifications/other sounds.
See you you have it

#3 A bochur, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:09 AM
Well, well, well! It wasn't the Do Not Disturb test that resolved this for me but I gave you the BEST ANSWER anyway. While looking for the Do Not Disturb switch to test it, I stumbled across the Screen Lock Sounds option under Sounds & Vibrations. That was the fix!!! That little tick sound made it sound like something behind the finger sensor was broken. I LOVE THIS FORUM!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks A Bochur. We must have been responding at the same time, so I had missed your response until after I had already responded. Credit to you both. Thank you.

#4 Duckster, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:12 AM Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Yeah the DND “test” was to see if the sound went away. If it did, then we could quickly find the sound and untick it.

Nevertheless, pleased you figured it out. This phone has lots of rabbit holes and many different settings ands settings within settings...

#5 marctronixx, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:37 AM