Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

General touchwiz easy magnifier app - where is it?

I'm new to android, just got the Galaxy S5. I was looking at the difference between the touchwiz and touchwiz easy settings. I prefer the touchwiz, but I noticed that touchwiz easy has a magnifier app that i liked. When I switched back to touchwiz, that app is not in my applications anywhere. I imagine I could download a similiar app, but since its obviously already on the hone - where is it hidden?

Related:

#1 Joec7, May 13, 2014
A hint:

Anything you want to find, bring up Settings and at the top it has a Search feature.
I use that almost every time I want something because it is so much faster than going thru the menu.

Search: Mag

this will bring up Magnification gestures: Turn it ON

#2 AZgl1500, May 13, 2014
Thanks. That's a good tip - but that's not the app I was referring to. That one magnifies stuff on the phone's screen.

The magnifier app I liked in the easy touchwiz uses the phones camera to magnify stuff like newsprint.

Turn on easy mode and see for yourself. its called magnifier, its right there on the home page - but when I go back to standard mode, it no where to be found. I tried the search feature you mentioned - still not there. Seems strange to me that there's apps available in easy mode that are not there in standard mode.

#3 Joec7, May 13, 2014
Hmmmm, I have never turned on Easy Mode.

I didn't want to "loose my configurations" :(

I will have to look into that. It should certainly be available with a shortcut.

Camera can be used for that, just use the Pinch Spread of two fingers and turn the phone over for landscape mode.

Won't that do the same thing?

#4 AZgl1500, May 13, 2014
it doesn't mess with the configurations to switch between easy and standard mode. Camera would work, but this is a cleaner interface for this function.

#5 Joec7, May 13, 2014
It just seems weird to me that something available in easy mode wouldn't be available in standard mode.

#6 Joec7, May 13, 2014
Agree, I went to the Play Store and entered one word: Samsung and the magnifier is not there either.

Enter the word: magnifier and you get a whole list of apps to play around with. Whether they will work with KitKat on the GS5 I don't know.

#7 AZgl1500, May 13, 2014
It's listed under the application manager utility - even in standard mode, but there's no option to turn it on.

#8 Joec7, May 13, 2014
Hold your finger down on an empty area of one of the home screen pages, select Widgets from the bottom, you will find the Magnifier there; hold your finger on it and you can drag it to wherever you want it on your home screen.

#9 Nosebreather, Jul 2, 2014
Thank you so much. I had this issue just as the original person wrote. You have been very helpful. Got it done already.

#10 Jen87, May 26, 2016