Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

General Unlocking Galaxy Avant metropcs

After 3 months of phone service, ask MetroPCS , they give you the unlock code = free

Need it faster, eBay is usually cheap enough

#2 Sept1967, May 21, 2015
Does the 3 month apply if metropcs made me update a phone, technically I did not buy it.

#3 Wame26, May 21, 2015
From my own experience, a GSM MetroPCS phone, after 90 days of service on their system, you get a free unlock code. If it is in their system, and their phone, I don't think they would care who bought it.
The phone is paid off?

#4 Sept1967, May 22, 2015
Your best bet is to simply take your phone to a nearby Metro PCS store and ask them to unlock it for you. They'll charge you a few bucks (I paid $20 to have mine unlocked early), then send in the request. After 2-3 days they'll receive the unlock code and can then apply it to your phone. I did mine this way last year when I had had the phone only 30 days and needed to unlock it for international use. I'm now using my Avant on Orange's LTE network with no problems here on Mauritius.

RCK

#5 rck01, May 23, 2015
Yes it was a trade in for an update because they don't use CDMA anymore

#6 Wame26, May 23, 2015
If you just need it to accept a t-mobile sim just flash the T-Mobile firmware with Odin and it should work

#7 Masterchief87, May 28, 2015
Got my code from Unlock.io. I'm now on h20 wireless.

#8 doubledogdare610, Jun 19, 2015
You could also email metro or T-Mobile and they might send you an unlock code. That's what I did with my at&t note 3 I'm on now.

#9 codyedmonson, Jun 19, 2015
I had seen their unlock policies. I did not want to wait.

#10 doubledogdare610, Jul 2, 2015