Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

Support Can't get my pics to a PC.

My Galaxy S5 takes photos just fine but I cannot get the photos transferred to my PC. The photos are available in the Photos app and Gallery app. But when I look in MyFiles/Local Storage/Device Storage/Pictures folder the pictures are not there.

I want to transfer the photos from my Galaxy S5 to my PC. To do this I attach a USB cable from the phone to my PC and look for my pictures on the PC. On the PC I see all the Galaxy S5's Device Storage folders including the one called Pictures but the only item in the Pictures folder is another folder called Screenshots.

The Pictures folder and Screenshots folder are both visible from the Galaxy and from the PC but both are devoid of my pictures.

Under the Documents folder I can see the text files that are also visible on the Galaxy. This makes me think there is no problem with the cable connection or getting to the Galaxy's Device Storage.

All the instructions I have found on the Web on how to get the pics from the Galaxy to a PC say that the pics should be visible under Pictures folder. But they are not.

What's going on here? Should the pictures be visible in the Device Storage /Pictures folder or not? And if so, how do I get them from the Photos app to the Device Storage/Pictures folder? Is there a better way to get the photos from the Galaxy to a PC?

I'm using a Verizon Galaxy S5 (no microSD card) and my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1550 laptop, Windows 7.

Thanks.

Related:

#1 EuropeMan, Jun 23, 2014
Instead of picture folder do you see one say Dcmi

#2 BRAINZ2013, Jun 23, 2014
The camera pictures are in a sub-folder named DCMI

On my S5, there are 3 sub-folders below that as I have 3 different camera apps and they have a penchant for storing things in their "own folders".

Gallery finds them all and sorts by date.

QuickPic shows them in their own private folders.
* QuickPic - Android Apps on Google Play

Use the USB 3.0 cable to connect your PC to the S5.

I use a file manager on the PC that is called Xplorer2 because it has dual windows and makes drag and drop super easy.
xplorer

#3 AZgl1500, Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for the good info. That did the trick.

#4 EuropeMan, Jun 23, 2014