LG X Power Forum

Can't turn off Google Voice Assistant

I recently purchased an LG X Power 2, and depending on the headphones or audio jack, Google Voice Assistant is activated and begins to control my phone. It controls the volume, switches and pauses songs and opens up the voice assistant.
I've tried every option I can to turn it off through Google settings and my phone's settings and it doesn't seem to work.
Any ideas on what the issue is and how I may be able to fix it??

Related:

#1 Nadya1996, Apr 15, 2018 at 7:18 AM
Do you have the same issue with multiple headphones? Assistant is normally opened when you long press the answer button on the headphones so I wonder if there's an issue with the headphones as opposed to assistant?

#2 El Presidente, Apr 15, 2018 at 7:45 AM
It happens mainly with my earbuds I use on a daily basis as well as the audio jack for my home speaker. That's what I was wondering as well because it is only certain devices

#3 Nadya1996, Apr 15, 2018 at 7:50 AM
Been a while since I've used an LG, but there is an option in the settings which would allow apps to open automatically when certain criteria were met. For example, it would allow me to open a music app when I plugged the headphones in. You haven't inadvertently activated something like that have you?

#4 El Presidente, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:12 AM
I would love to hear a fix for this. If I plug a 3.5mm anything that isn't perfectly cleaned, sterilized and re-chromed, and the wire turning causes that static condition, my Google assistant opens up too. This is on an LG Stylo 2+ 550K running Nougat...
I have never welcomed, allowed or been able to stop any of Google's slimy, shit laced GNow, GAssistant, OK/Hey, Hey Google rubbish from starting up on my newer Androids.
Most annoyingly when Stylo's hypersensitive screen picks up on a double press or longer than a nanosecond on the app drawer icon on desktop. Or on, lol yeah LG's egregious double-tap-to-wake function that the user CAN'T disable.

#5 Spec2nirvash, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:01 AM