Android Tips (Download) Forum

Issues you may want to know

I don't think Huwawei or ZTE pose any greater risk to the privacy of the average citizen, than our own government agencies.

#2 LV426, May 14, 2018
Old news, but true..

#3 bcrichster, May 14, 2018
I thought it would be an interesting posts for the ill informed and also make an interesting discussion about things of you should or shouldn't do on particular mobile devices, especially those that has been red flagged by the CIA and FBI and NSA for whatever reason.

#4 KBU2, May 14, 2018
Never mind Huawei or ZTE, I bet the Chinese govt and their agencies probably gleans more private information from all those lovely "free" apps and games that come from the PRC. e.g. PUBG by Tencent Games, Cheetah Mobile, etc.

#5 mikedt, May 14, 2018
Cheetah Mobile must be banking well cuz they're getting all kinds of mfgrs an Carriers to bloat the devices with their spamwarez. How tf do they accomplish that with SO MANY PPL knowing how they do what they do? (Real question)

#6 bcrichster, May 14, 2018
I have no apps that would show an ad. If I had my druthers, I'd prefer the Chinese ads in Chinese script. Good brain puzzle to figure them out.

I had a Dell refurb laptop that thought one of my Yahoo accounts originated in Brazil.
Between Latin and Spanish, I had some fun trying to translate the ads on my own. Why it was that one account and no other is puzzling.

#7 zuben el genub, May 14, 2018
:mustachedroid:

#8 bcrichster, May 14, 2018 Last edited: May 14, 2018
They're very good at slick marketing I think.

#9 mikedt, May 14, 2018
I actually just got a Huawei Union Y538 that had been abandoned at the lost and found for over a year and a half so the wife brought it home to play with. I will likely only use it for apps but wont use it as a phone. Does anyone know if this thing has a task manager on it? I couldn't find one

#10 Zigman66, May 14, 2018