Home Forum

Regrets after ordering HTC 10

Hi guys,

This is my first post to this forum and I am happy to be here and looking forward to be part of the community. But I have been trying to narrow down a decision between a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a HTC 10 for ages but recently I jumped in and decided to order the HTC 10. But now I have regrets over my decision mainly because Samsung is such a big brand wireless charging etc. But I heard the HTC is also a good phone. But just googled reviews for both phones and the S7 got mostly 5 stars while HTC 10 varied between 4-5. Should have read reviews first eh?
So are my concerns dumbfounded and are there any reasons to choose the HTC 10 over the S7? I need reassurance as to return the phone would take a while up to a month to get my refund so would be without a new phone for a while sigh. But if you guys think it would be best to go with S7 over 10 I feel I would go the extra mile. I am generally indecisive so this may be as a result of it.
Thanks for all your input,

DroidGuy1999

Related:

#1 DroidGuy1999, Aug 12, 2017
Personally I'd go with the 10. It's a very solid phone, I prefer HTC's software to Samsung's, and after a few updates the camera is fine. If you care about music quality its headphone output is much better than the S7. But that's my preferences.

(For reference my wife has a 10. I'm still using a 4 year old HTC M7)

#2 Hadron, Aug 12, 2017 Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
Great to hear that. I think people just have to get over that its either apple or Samsung. Theres other kids in the block. Personally this is what affects me

#3 DroidGuy1999, Aug 12, 2017
Sites often give Samsung 5 stars because Samsung. There are LOTS of reasons to buy different devices.
One of my relatives was recently telling me about how much they love Moto mods and the projector mod. Moto isn't widely considered to make the best phones but FOR HIM it's the best phone and a phone he loves.
Dont worry about the reviews. Use them to make your decision and come to your OWN conclusions. You aren't looking for the best phone on the market. You're looking for the best phone for YOU!
I think you'll be happy with the 10.

#4 Rob, Aug 12, 2017
I can't comment on the Samsung because I have never owned a Samsung device, but I would be very surprised if you are unhappy with your choice of the HTC 10.

My wife is using an M7 which we've had for just over 4 years and I'm using an M9 which is just over two years old. Both have given trouble free service and meet all our requirements. When the time comes for replacement of either one we will be looking at HTC as a first option.

#5 tommo47, Aug 13, 2017