Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

Accessories S-Pen colour

[Color] So they fixed the clock. One of the ergonomic stupidities of the Note 8 is the black S-Pen. It is very easily lost because black.

I get the fashion or design reason but still.

With my last black note I bought a white S-Pen.

I now find you can get this "gold" S-Pen. It's marketed as OEM but I have no idea if it's fake but it works. Added bonus is the top is silver so when I blearily want a visual check whether my S-Pen is in place (yes I do this every time I pick the phone up to walk away with it) it works ergonomically very well.

S Pwn.jpg

Related:

#1 Simon_Gardner, May 11, 2018
I ordered a replacement "OEM" S Pen off eBay. It was NOT "OEM", but a counterfeit. The S Pen button selected things, but never called up the Air Command. I sent it back and reported the item. Caveat Emptor

#2 The_Chief, May 11, 2018 Last edited: May 11, 2018
Indeed. (This wasn't eBay.) I noticed today Amazon.com has loads of these but branded as different manufacturer. Some claim OEM.

Anyways, so far it works.

#3 Simon_Gardner, May 11, 2018
The gold s-pen is beautiful. Such a shame Samsung has a love affair with black on black for the Note series. I agree that the pen is seriously hard to see when it is in its silo.

#4 kokiangel, May 11, 2018
@Simon_Gardner so when you press the button it calls up Air Command? Wow, I may have to check that one out as a spare...

#5 The_Chief, May 11, 2018
Apparently the gold s-pen is only in Malaysia. Bummer!

#6 kokiangel, May 12, 2018
I found this on Amazon US - they claim the button function is identical:

Relacement Touch Stylus S Pen For G...B076XRZ89X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Fjv-AbZB1G058

I'll pounce on it as a stylish spare

#7 The_Chief, May 14, 2018
Also available via Amazon.co.uk

#8 Simon_Gardner, May 14, 2018
I suppose it would still work in my US note8 regardless of it's nationality. My Note8 isn't uppity at all and the s-pen probably wouldn't be either

#9 kokiangel, May 14, 2018
I'm going to order the gold one from Amazon - though it sure would be nice to find a black S Pen with gold accents! I'll let you know how it works out...

#10 The_Chief, May 16, 2018
I'd like to find a wood one or one that looks like wood. You know, like an old fashioned pencil but with the innards of an s-pen. It would look so good with my wood case.

#11 kokiangel, May 16, 2018
That would be awesome: it would be tricky, though, to carve a hardwood to get the Wacom innards inside and still look like a single piece of... well, stick. I'm thinking that's the reason it hasn't been done yet: it's prohibitively expensive...

#12 The_Chief, May 17, 2018
I expect it would actually be some type of plastic as it would have to be somewhat flexible. Just made to look like wood. You know, like the panels on the sides of the old stationwagons years ago.

#13 kokiangel, May 18, 2018
I ordered the gold S Pen on Amazon and got an estimated delivery date of late June. Heck, I won't need it at that point! Not if I decide to pick up the Note9 a month from then!

EDIT: Seller assured me that it would be here in 2-3 weeks. We'll see...

#14 The_Chief, May 19, 2018 Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 7:46 AM
I liked the original black s-pen with my Note 3. When I needed a replacement It couldn't be found. (a few years ago)

Colors are fashion.

#15 dontpanicbobby, May 20, 2018 at 1:18 AM
So, Chief you are going to upgrade again? I am determined to see how long my Note8 will go. As much as phones cost these days I am determined to wear it out.

#16 kokiangel, May 20, 2018 at 8:05 PM
It depends on what the announcement will reveal about it.

#17 The_Chief, May 21, 2018 at 7:27 PM
Regardless of your decision I will see you again in the NoteX forums. LOL!

#18 kokiangel, May 21, 2018 at 10:23 PM
Yes, it would be awesome to get a wood finish, but would it be wood or would it be faux wood, I would like to know as a wood finish would be very sleek.

#19 major2112, May 22, 2018 at 12:01 PM
It would probably be faux wood as it would have to be strong and flexible, but still really would be a nice change from boring plastic that we get now.

#20 kokiangel, May 22, 2018 at 8:56 PM
What if the put 3 waves of texture on the Stylii's button... Would color matter then? The dip helps you find it but a different texture on the clicker would be super cool.

#21 dontpanicbobby, May 23, 2018 at 9:53 AM