Tasker (Download) Forum

Tasker based widget

Hi,

Is it possible to create a widget from within Tasker? I’ve used KWGT to create widget and pass variables to it and it works great but I am looking for similar functionality from within Tasker.

Regards
Aman

Related:

#1 amankhalid, Apr 12, 2018
Your question is open to a lot of interpretation.

There is a free app factory app ...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.appfactory
... that will create an APKfrom a Tasker Task. Profile, or Project.

.... Thom

#2 Thom, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:29 AM
Hi Thom,

I understand that and have already experimented with it (created a working app and installed on another phone), but can I make a widget using the APK factory that can be placed on the home screen and interacted with?

Regards
AK

#3 amankhalid, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:38 AM
Scene manipulation in Tasker is a little limited.

If all you want to do is manipulate a scene on one specific device then you can do the work and manipulate what is on the screen.

The problem comes in if you try to install it on a device that has a different screen size. Tasker does not adjust to different sizes very well.

... Thom

#4 Thom, Apr 16, 2018 at 4:56 AM
Thanks. What I read from your answer is “no”.

I’ve created a scene that I’ve tested across a smaller and larger screen. So far it’s been scaled well. But it’s not a widget. It does not stay on my desktop. It needs to be launched.

Regards
Aman

#5 amankhalid, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:00 AM
The answer is ... yes ... no ... or maybe based on your requirements.

I have found scene manipulation to be challenging.

... Thom

#6 Thom, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:33 AM
If you can please point me to an example or thread that shows how to create a widget using Tasker that can be put on the home screen (like any ordinary widget), that’ be great. I might tweak my project so I could use the widget.

Regards
AK

#7 amankhalid, Apr 19, 2018 at 7:03 AM
I display a scene that has various controls that are manipulated with a mouse.

1024x256 and 512x128. I check the screen size and choose to use either the large or small scenes. That is because dynamic adjustments of all scene elements is not available.

I suggest you spend some time playing with scenes.

... Thom

#8 Thom, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:44 PM